Monday, October 24, 2016

Karen Burniston 2nd October challenge - Boy oh Boy!

It's time for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge with Summer setting the "Boy oh Boy" themed challenge!  I like finding different ways to use my dies and I think the soccer ball from the Sports Charms is a perfect die for that.  I inlaid the detail layer for the background of my card - they're almost remind me of the game jacks.  I stamped the sentiment from Occasions Clear Stamp then added a monster sticker from my stash and you've got the perfect boy card.
On the inside I used Twist Circle Pop Up.  What I noticed is the die included in the set has the perfect shape to match this other sticker that I found in my stash.  Basically I used the inside of the decorative ring to stamp my sentiment on....once again another use for the die.  I inlaid some more of the soccer balls on the inside of the card.  Tip: use Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape for the easiest way to inlay the soccer balls.  I die cut the soccer balls first and then applied the tape over the entire piece.  Doing this will help all the little pieces between the soccer balls to adhere and not lift up.
Here's a side view of how the card looks when you're opening it.  It's so cool how the circles twist upright upon opening the card.
So much fun!
Don't forget to visit Karen's blog tomorrow to watch her new video and see what the entire team created!

Happy Stampin', 
Raquel





To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment